NFDC Film Bazaar 2015 has announces the final selected projects for its main segment – the Co-production Market which will be held between 20 – 24 November in Goa.
– This year, 19 projects have been selected to participate in the Market, including one invited project from IFP (Independent Filmmaker Project).
– The Market has gained added leverage in 2015 with the introduction of Open Pitch where selected filmmakers will be pitching their projects to a curated audience of national and international producers, financiers and sales agents.
The selected projects for 2015 are:
Directed by Gitanjali Rao (her short animation film Printed Rainbow won three prizes for the best short film in Cannes Critic’s Week 2006 and was short-listed for the Oscars in 2008) and produced by Clara Mahieu, Les Films D’ici
Directed by Raj Rishi More (An associate and assistant director on films like The Lunchbox) Pirates, his first feature, was part of Sundance ScreenWriters’ Lab, India 2015 and produced by Lunchbox director Ritesh Batra’s Poetic License Motion Pictures. It is his maiden production.
Directed by Amit V Masurkar (of Sulemani Keeda fame) and produced by Manish Mundhra, Drishyam Films
Directed by Nandita Das and produced by Chhoti Production Company
Directed by Kanu Behl (writer director of Titli) and produced by UFO Films
- A Goat’s Life (Malayalam, Hindi, Arabic)
Directed by Fahad Mustafa (of Katiyabaaz fame) and produced by Globalistan Films
- Unread Pages (Assamese, English)
Directed and produced by Jahnu Barua, a twelve time National Award winner filmmaker as well as a Padma Bhushan recipient.
Direced by Arun Karthick and produced by Prabhu Ramasamy, Dream Warrior Pictures
- Bhavarth (Konkani, Portuguese)
Directed by Laxmikant Shetgaonkar and produced by Entertainment network of Goa (ENG)
- Children of the Sun (Sinhala)
Directed and produced by Prasanna Vithanage, a Sri Lankan filmmaker whose film,Oba Nathuwa Oba Ekka With (You Without You) is the first Sri Lankan film to have commercially released in India.
Directed and produced by Salil Jason Fernandez
- Meeting the Sumdees (English, Urdu)
Directed by Michael McNamara and produced by Markham Street Films
- Memories and My Mother (Bengali)
Directed by Aditya Vikram Sengupta (his debut film Labour of Love premiered at the Venice Film Festival 2014 where it won the FEDEORA award for Best Debut Film) and produced by Vikram Mohinta, Jonaki Bhattacharya – For Films
- Nigudha Manushyaru (Kannada)
Directed by M S Prakash Babu (His directorial debut, Attihannu mattu Kanaja (Fig Fruit and The Wasps) is co-produced by NFDC) and produced by Bayalu Chitra Productions
Directed by Mukti Krishnan and produced by 7Seas Films, Ravi Kambhoj
- The Poacher (Hindi, Bengali, English)
Directed by Suman Ghosh (his first feature film Footsteps won two National Awards)and produced by Colin Burrows, Beautiful Bay Entertainment
- The Sweet Requeim (Tibetan)
Directed by Ritu Sarin (her debut feature Dreaming Lhasa premiered at Toronto International Film Festival) and produced by White Crane Films
- Unromantic Woman (English, Hindi)
Directed by Joan Carr-Wiggin, a former economist who specializes in woman-centric films and produced by David Gordian, Paragraph Pictures Inc.
– A few notable films that were represented at the Co-Production Market over the years are Chaitanya Tamhane’s Court, Anand Gandhi’s Ship of Theseus, Aushim Ahluwalia’s Miss Lovely, Umesh Vinayak Kulkarni’s Deool and Highway and Mostofa Farooki’s Television.
About Film Bazaar
– Film Bazaar in its 9th edition is exclusively created to encourage collaboration between the international and South Asian film fraternities. The market aims at facilitating the sales of world cinema in the region. The 2014 market saw an attendance of 1042 delegates from 38 countries with country delegations from Canada, South Korea and Poland.
– Film Bazaar will be held from 20-24 November 2015 at Goa Marriott Resort in Goa (India).
– FilmBazaar Co-Production Market Team can be reached at – coproduction@filmbazaarindia. com