WHAT : The 2011 Satyajit Ray Foundation’s Short Film Competition in association with the London Indian Film Festival (LIFF) is now inviting submissions. They are looking for films that show imagination and creativity and reflect the cultural diversity and experiences of South Asians within their own country or the Diaspora.
– All entries should be under 20 minutes.
– Films should express and inform aspects of the experiences of South Asians (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka) either within their own countries or the Diaspora.
– All submissions must have been completed within two years prior to the closing date.
– Previously submitted entries are ineligible.
DATE : The closing deadline is Friday 29 April, 2011
PRIZE : Award of £1,000 for the winning film.
– The award will be presented and the winning film screened at the London INDIAN Film Festival’s closing night gala in July 2011.
FORMAT : The films may be shot on any standard format (film or digital), all entries for consideration should be submitted on DVD only, together with an entry form and film synopsis.
ADDRESS : Send all submissions to: Satyajit Ray Foundation Short Film Competition.
c/o London INDIAN Film Festival. 51 Tweedmouth Road. London, E13 9HT, UK
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
FORM : To download the entry from please click here
To know more about the Foundation and the competition, click here.