The Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (IFFLA) announced its Call for Entries today. The 10th anniversary edition will be held April 10-15, 2012, at ArcLight Hollywood, located in the heart of Los Angeles.
DATES : The early deadline with reduced fees for all film submissions is November 11, 2011. The final deadline is January 6, 2012.
Early Bird Deadline: November 11, 2011
Films under 40 min: $30. Films 40 min and over: $45
Final Deadline – January 6, 2012
Films under 40 min: $45. Films 40 min and over: $60
FILMS/VIDEOS : IFFLA 2012 seeks narrative, documentary, music videos, experimental, children’s and animated films of any length and format. Jury and Audience Choice Prizes are awarded for Best Feature, Best Documentary and Best Short films.
– Films from or about India, with or without an Indian theme, made by Indian and international filmmakers, produced in 2010 or later, and films that have not had a public screening in Los Angeles are eligible to be submitted.
– All submissions must be made through Withoutabox.com.
– Filmmakers may submit more than one entry. Each entry must be submitted separately and with an entry fee. Please note that submission fees are not refundable.
– DVDs (preferably in NTSC format) and online, streaming files will be accepted for submission screening.
– DVDs must be labeled with the title, running time, format (PAL or NTSC), and contact information on the DVD label.
– Submission DVDs will not be returned unless the filmmaker agrees to cover the mailing expenses.
– Submission of a screener via a digital file may be made through Withoutabox.com. When using an alternate site (i.e., Vimeo, Dropbox, etc) the web link and password needed to view the film must be clearly indicated on the entry form.
– The entry fee is non-refundable. We only accept checks, US money orders or credit card payments through pay pal or withoutabox.
– Please make check or money order payable to Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles, in US dollars ONLY.
– If your film is selected, you will be required to provide 10 DVD (NTSC) screeners, a press kit with press reviews, synopsis, full credits, film stills, trailer (or film clips), posters, and a director’s bio with a headshot.
– All filmmakers will be notified via email by March 1, 2012.
To know more about the festival, click here.
The 2011 Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles launched with the Opening Night Gala presentation of Nila Madhab Panda’s I AM KALAM starring Gulshan Grover and concluded with the IFFLA Closing Night Gala world premiere presentation of Disney’s ZOKKOMON starring Anupam Kher.
Other highlights included the presentation of the 2012 IFFLA Industry Leadership Awards to Andy Kaplan, President, Networks, Sony Pictures Television; Ajay Bijli, Founder, Chairman & Managing Director, PVR Limited; and Man Jit Singh, CEO, Multi Screen Media Private Limited India; seminars with panelists from Sundance, Reliance, Screen Actors Guild, Writers Guild of America, USA Networks, Deluxe Labs, and Nickelodeon; and nightly musical performances in the IFFLA Rhythm Village presented by Rukus Avenue.
Previous IFFLA screenings include: Udaan (Vikramaditya Motwane), Mumbai Diaries(Kiran Rao), 3 Idiots (Rajkumar Hirani), Amelia (Mira Nair), The Waiting City (Claire McCarthy), Slumdog Millionaire (Danny Boyle), Firaaq (Nandita Das), Sita Sings The Blues (Nina Paley), Quick Gun Murugun (Shashank Ghosh), Water (Deepa Mehta), Loins Of Punjab Presents (Manish Acharya), Dombivili Fast (Nishikant Kamat), Vanaja (Rajnesh Domalpalli), and Black Friday (Anurag Kashyap) among others.