And going with Bollywood’s norm of Ctrl C+ CtrlV, we are also doing the same with Ghanta’s press release.
About The Ghanta Awards
The principle was simple: Every year, Bollywood takes our hard earned money and countless hours of life only to leave us feeling older, poorer and supremely frustrated. While there are good movies produced every year, there are several just want us to tear our hair out and dance naked at the producer’s house demanding refunds.
The Ghanta Awards was created as a means to give back to these films, to give back to these film makers – to make them understand that they needed to try harder…
There are more than a dozen film awards to reward the good films but how many to reward the worst of Bollywood? Also, The Razzies are a glorious institution but unfortunately, even after 30 years, they still don’t look at Bollywood at all. We think it is very highly unfair that the world’s most prolific film industry doesn’t get the recognition it deserves. So we decided to rectify the situation.
Once a year, we will give away awards in categories including Worst Film, Worst Actor, Worst Actor, Worst Song, Worst Director and WTF Was That?
The Ghanta Awards was founded by Karan Anshuman and Prashant Rajkhowa in 2010.
This is the third edition of the Ghantas, having started “rewarding” the worst of Bollywood in 2011. According to founder Karan Anshuman, it was the lack of a refund mechanism in place that prompted him to start the Ghantas three years back. “There are more than a dozen film awards to reward the good films but how many to reward the worst of Bollywood? So we started our own show.”
A jury of eminent film critics and journalists decide the nomination list for the Ghanta Awards. The jury consists of Rajeev Masand (Entertainment Editor & Film Critic, CNN-IBN), Karan Anshuman (Film Critic, Mumbai Mirror), Sudhish Kamath (Film Critic, The Hindu) and Sahil Rizwan (Film Critic,TheVigilIdiot.com). The winners are decided through public voting at TheGhantas.com.
In 2012, more than 1,00,000 people cast their votes in the Ghanta Awards.
- Bollywood films released between January 2012 and December 2012 are eligible
- The nominees in each category will be decided by our jury:
- Rajeev Masand, Entertainment Editor & Film Critic, CNN-IBN
- Karan Anshuman, Film Critic, Mumbai Mirror
- Sudhish Kamath, Film Critic, The Hindu
- Sahil Rizwan, Film Critic, TheVigilIdiot.com
- The final winners will be decided by a public online vote.
- People will be able to vote using their Facebook or Twitter accounts.
- And it all comes down to one night where we present the Ghanta Awards to the deserving winners.
The Ghanta Awards 2013 will be held at J W Marriott on February 8, 2013. Organisers, INVision Entertainment, along with Shruti Seth’s My Company expect more than 3 lakh people to vote for the winners and are hopeful that several celebrities will be in attendance.
- Worst Film
- Housefull 2
- Student of the Year
- Son of Sardaar
- Worst Actor
- Salman Khan – Ek Tha Tiger, Dabangg 2
- Akshay Kumar – Rowdy Rathore, Khiladi 786, Housefull 2, Joker
- Ajay Devgn – Son of Sardaar, Bol Bachchan, Tezz
- Abhishek Bachchan – Players, Bol Bachchan
- Arjun Rampal – Heroine, Chakravyuh, Ajab Ghazab Love
- Worst Actress
- Asin – Bol Bachchan, Housefull 2, Khiladi 786
- Sonakshi Sinha – Rowdy Rathore, Dabangg 2, Joker, Son of Sardaar
- Katrina Kaif – Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Ek Tha Tiger
- Bipasha Basu – Raaz 3, Jodi Breakers, Players
- Priyanka Chopra – Teri Meri Kahani, Agneepath
- Worst Supporting Actor
- Boman Irani – Housefull 2, Tezz, Ferrari Ki Sawaari, Cocktail, Joker
- Sanjay Dutt – Agneepath, Department, Son of Sardaar, Dabangg 2
- Anupam Kher – Chaar Din Ki Chandni, Kya Super Kool Hai Hum, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Chhodo Kal Ki Baatein
- Rishi Kapoor – Agneepath, Housefull 2, Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- Mithun Chakraborty – Zindagi Tere Naam,Nobel Chor, Housefull 2, Enemmy, Oh My God,Khiladi 786, Buddhuram Dhol Duniya Gol
- Worst Supporting Actress
- Sonam Kapoor – Players
- Minnisha Lamba – Joker
- Anushka Sharma – Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- Shazahn Padamsee – Housefull 2
- Jacqueline Fernandez – Housefull 2
- Worst Breakthrough
- Alia Bhatt – Student of the Year
- Sunny Leone – Jism 2
- Esha Gupta – Jannat 2, Chakravyuh, Raaz 3D
- Amy Jackson – Ek Deewana Tha
- Pulkit Samrat – Bittoo Boss
- Worst Director
- Abbas-Mustan – Players
- Vikram Bhatt – Raaz 3, Dangerous Ishq
- Kunal Kohli – Teri Meri Kahani
- Samir Karnik – Chaar Din Ki Chandni
- RGV – Bhoot Returns, Department
- Worst Sequel
- Raaz 3D
- Jannat 2
- Jism 2
- Bhoot Returns
- Housefull 2
- Worst Rip-Off/Remake
- Barfi – every classic Hollywood film
- Agent Vinod – every Hollywood action film
- Teri Meri Kahani – Chaplin meets What’s Your Rashi meets Three Times
- Tezz – The Bullet Train / Speed
- Worst Couple
- Abhishek Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor – Players
- Vivek Oberoi and Mallika Sherawat – KLPD
- Shahid Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra – Teri Meri Kahani
- Rajneesh Duggal and Karishma Kapoor – Dangerous Ishq
- Prateik Babbar and Amy Jackson – Ek Deewana Tha
- Worst Song
- Paw Paw Paw Paw – Son of Sardaar
- Balma – Khiladi 786
- Fevicol – Dabangg 2
- Ishq Wala Love – Student of the Year
- Chinta Ta Chita Chita – Rowdy Rathore
- WTF Was That
- Stolen gold being melted into 3 Mini Coopers and driven away to escape in ‘Players’
- Actual aliens showing up in ‘Joker’
- A ghost using a landline to call up Bipasha with information in ‘Raaz 3D’
- A pornstar being recruited by the CBI in ‘Jism 2’ and saving the country
- A love quadrangle with Jesus in ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’
- Thats Anything But Sexy
- Tushaar Kapoor’s Manboobs & Striptease in ‘Kya Super Kool Hai Hum’
- 25yr old Sonakshi being made to dance with a MUCH fitter 39 yr old Malaika in ‘Dabangg 2’
- Anything in ‘Hate Story’
- Esha Gupta stripping naked because of ghost cockroaches in ‘Raaz 3D’
- Rani Mukherjee dancing to ‘Dreamum Wakeupum’ in ‘Aiyya
So click here and log in with your Facebook or Twitter account and make your vote count!