WHAT : In keeping with the mandate of promoting the development of the Cinemas of India, the National Film Development Corporation of India (NFDC) conducts the Film Bazaar Screenwriters’ Lab. The 2013 Lab will be in partnership with Toronto International Film Festival.
LAB : The Screenwriters’ Lab 2013 gives an opportunity to six independent screenwriters to develop their skill under the guidance of a variety of industry experts from across the globe. Through one-on-one sessions with their Mentors, the Screenwriter Fellows are advised on tools and techniques required to improve their scripts and methods to pitch the same in the international domain.
—> Selected screenwriters attend the first part at the Toronto International Film Festival and the second part at NFDC’s Film Bazaar, Goa.
The Screenwriters’ Lab is specially re-designed to prepare screenwriters with original Indian stories for working with the international filmmaking market. The Screenwriters’ Lab also creates a unique opportunity for these scripts to gain a direct entry to the Film Bazaar Co-Production Market.
(Revised) Application Process :
– Apply before March 1, 2013 with your synopsis.
– Short listed participants will then be asked to submit their scripts by June 2013.
– Six participants will be declared in the month of August 2013.
– This Lab is open only to Indian passport holders
– The selection process is in two parts. This is the first part of the selection procedure where participants will be shortlisted based on the submitted synopsis.
– Participants shortlisted for the second stage will be given a scheduled duration to submit completed scripts.
– Submission via email only as a single pdf/doc file. Do not send requisite material as separate attachments. No hard copy submissions are to be sent.
– Applications are to be sent to email@example.com
– Application Fee for the lab is INR 1000/- only. It is payable by Demand Draft made in favour of National Film Development Corporation Ltd payable at Mumbai or by Wire Transfer.
—> To know more about the rules, regulations, application form and the rest, click here.