(from official release)
WHISTLING WOODS & FILM WRITERS ASSOCIATION
MAY 1-5, 2013
– Ashutosh Gowariker (Lagaan) and Sriram Raghavan (Johnny Gaddar) : On what they expect from screenwriters
– Zoya Akhtar (Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara) and Reema Kagti (Talaash): On being writers and writer-directors
– Urmi Juvekar (Shanghai): On how to grow as a screenwriter
– Sanjeev Datta (Barfi): On writing lively, character-specific dialogue
– Anjum Rajabali (Drohkaal, Ghulam, The Legend of Bhagat Singh, Raajneeti): Heads the screenwriting departments at Whistling Woods Mumbai and FTII Pune. Regularly conducts screenwriting workshops and seminars in India and abroad. According to him, “The really exciting phase of Indian screenwriting is about to begin!”
VENUE : Auditorium – Whistling Woods International, Film City, Goregaon (East), Mumbai 400065.
DATES : May 1-5, 2013 (both days inclusive)
TIMINGS : 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 5pm (Film viewing: 5.30pm – 8pm on May 1, 2, 3)
– THE WORKSHOP IS OPEN TO ALL.
FEE : For FWA members: Rs. 5600/- (Inclusive of taxes, tea/coffee and lunch on all days)
For non-FWA members: Rs. 8500/- (Inclusive of taxes, tea/coffee and lunch on all days)
– If you wish to become an FWA member, please visit www.fwa.co.in
To register for the workshop, please call 30916003 or email: email@example.com
– No other creative process requires an equal combination of art and craft, as does screenwriting. And, while art (driven by creative urges and ideas) comes entirely from within, the craft (form, structure, narrative design) needs to be learnt. The writer needs to know the craft to convert those ideas into a cinematically written, gripping script. After all, the producer is going to bet crores of rupees on it!
– A substantial five-day workshop can go a long way in putting you on the road to screenwriting.
– Through interactive lectures and with the aid of many examples, participants will be educated about all the elements needed for a well-written script. The workshop will also outline the advisable steps in the construction of a script.
– On the last day, a senior copyright lawyer will educate participants about writers’ rights, including the amended copyright act, royalties, and the minimum basic contract that FWA is negotiating with the producers.