NFDC (National Film Development Corporation) has announced the Call for entries for one of its important programs, Co-production Market at Film Bazaar 2013 (Nov 21st- 24th). The seventh edition of South Asia’s Global Film Market- Film Bazaar, will be held from November 20th-24th, alongside IFFI (Nov 20th- 30th), in Goa.
– The first of its kind in South Asia, the Film Bazaar Co-Production Market offers a unique opportunity to filmmakers with South Asian stories seeking international co- productions as well as artistic support.
– Every year, the Co-Production Market invites a select number of directors and producers to present their projects to international producers, distributors, sales agents, funding representatives and other financial partners from across the world.
– Film Bazaar Co-production Market boasts an eclectic range of films that were successful outcomes, namely; The Lunchbox (by Ritesh Batra), Monsoon Shootout (by Amit Kumar), Titli (produced by Dibakar Banerjee), Deool (by Umesh Kulkarni), I AM (by Onir), LSD (by Dibakar Banerjee), Shor in the City (by Raj Nidimoru), to name a few, from the past editions.
– Film Bazaar Co-Production Market 2012 selected twenty six South Asian projects from thirteen countries, namely, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK, Germany, France, Algeria, Canada, Netherlands and India including an Independent Filmmaker Project, USA.
– The deadline for applications is July 30, 2013.
– There is an entry fee of Rs 3,500.
– For more details on the program and its process, click here.
(All info from press release)