Who wakes up at 5:30 am on a monday morning? We do. Why? Because to rephrase Godfather’s opening line, we believe in
America Scorsese. So we will have faith in anything as long as Scorsese has respect for it.
It might be Foreign Awards for Hollywood films but it also attracts some of the best talents from across the world. Look at the two top filmmakers this year – Mexican Alfonso Cuaron and Brit director Steve McQueen. And its great fun to see some of your favourite directos, writers, DoPs, actors, singers all at one place, and sometimes they do some really ridiculous stuff which makes it great fun.
So what made this monday morning fun? Well, you know the winners by now. All the usual suspects, more or less. Click here for the full list. And if you are still wondering why are we so serious about it, well, scroll down to Cate Blanchett’s acceptance speech. The answer is in the second line.
If you were not mad enough to wake up so early, here’s the list of our Top Six Monday-Morning-Madness-Moments which made the show great fun.
1. Benedict Cumberbatch photobombs U2 on red carpet. Ovaries blast for Cumber-bitches.
2. Ellen goes for the selfie of the year/decade
And the result was this
3. Brad Pitt handing out plates for Pizza. You are not going to see this sight in a long long time
4. Cate Blanchett’s perfect Oscar acceptance speech making all the valid points with grace and humour
5. What do you do when you make a film after 7 years and win 2 Oscars at one go? You first test them for Gravity.
5. And, finally, the jump of the year – Steve McQueen. After 12 Years A Slave bagged the Oscar for the Best film
So what was your favourite madness moment? Do post in the comments section.