IIT Madras is presenting Imaging Cinema 2014, a Screenwriting-cum-Filmmaking Workshop from 7-14 June. The focus is on various aspects of screenwriting. Experienced resource persons will conduct Sessions on screenwriting. Special sessions on aspects of direction and screenwriting will be conducted by established names from Mumbai and South Indian cine industries (including directors, screenwriters, and actors). The course outline will soon be available on the website.
- Jaideep Sahni (screenwriter of Company, Chak de India, Shuddh Desi Romance)
- Ram (director of National Award winning Thanga Meengal
- Shridhar Raghavan (screenwriter of Khakee, Bluffmaster, Dum Maaro Dum, forthcoming film starring Ajith with Gautham Menon as director)
- Vikramaditya Motwane (director, Udaan, Lootera)
- Rana Daggubati
Workshop Dates : 7-14th June
Last Date of applying is 11 May 2014.
Accommodation on campus is available for outstation candidates only on a first come first serve basis.
· Rs 7000/ for all participants
· Rs 6000/ for former participants (those who attended our previous events) and students, who are still pursuing their degree;
· Rs 8000/ for NRIs & Foreign Nationals.
– At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to produce a screenplay under the guidance of the mentors. They will be awarded with an IIT Madras certificate of participation.
– The workshop will be held on IITM Campus and is organized by Dr Aysha Iqbal Viswamohan, Associate Professor, Dept of Humanities & Social Sciences, IIT Madras.
About IITM Film Workshops:
IIT Madras has become a well-known centre for highly popular film workshops. In May 2009 the institute hosted the Chennai International Screenwriting Workshop which was organized under the auspices of Padma Bhushan Dr Kamal Haasan’s Rajkamal Studio. This 5 day Workshop included sessions by Shri K Balachander, Shekhar Kapoor, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, Sriram Raghavan, Atul Tiwari, and Anjum Rajabali.
This was followed by a spate of successful events including a 6 day screenwriting cum conclave on filmmaking in 2010 , which had Dibakar Banerjee, K Balachander, RBalki, Santosh Sivan, PC Sreeram, Jaideep Sahni, Shimit Amin, Nagesh Kukunoor, Saurabh Shukla, editor Sreekar Prasad, and Tamil film directors Vishnuvardhan and CS Amudhan.
In 2012, a 10 day filmmaking workshop was organized where faculty members from FTII, Pune and LV Prasad Institute, Chennai conducted sessions on various aspects of filmmaking such as screenwriting, direction, cinematography, editing, sound and set designing. Participants produced a 3- 5 minute feature at the end of the workshop. Speakers included Rohan Sippy, Anurag Kashyap, Sriram & Sridhar Raghavan, Habib Faisel, Ravi K Chandran, Tamil directors Vetrimaaran and Kumarrajan Thiagarajan and writers Subha and Bala.
– Why attend the Workshop?
The uniqueness of these workshops lie in their outreach where candidates from a cross section of society interact with established names from the Indian film industry. Many of our previous attendees have gone on to make a mark for them in film and media industry, and are currently in the process of making and screenwriting for films or assisting filmmakers of repute.
(via press release)