NFDC Film Bazaar, 2015, is calling for entries for the Work-in-Progress (WIP) Lab and the Viewing Room (VR). This year, the Film Bazaar will be held from November 20-24, 2015 at the Goa Marriott Resort, alongside the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2015.
Films previously in the Work-in-Progress Labs at Film Bazaar have had their world premieres at leading international films festivals, often winning awards as well as enjoying successful theatrical runs.
– Submissions are invited for the two WIP Labs: WIP Fiction and WIP Documentary.
– In each WIP Lab, upto five projects in their rough-cut stage will be selected for mentoring and presentation to a panel of international film experts.
– The WIP Documentary Lab is only accepting feature-length creative documentaries in the rough-cut stage, aiming for a theatrical release.
– Feature-length films of any genre in the rough-cut stage are invited to apply to the WIP lab.
– Films of all genres and lengths, in rough or final cut, are invited to apply to the Viewing Room where films seeking finishing funds, world sales, distribution partners and film festival exhibition are presented.
– The Viewing Room hosts individual computer terminals in private booths, where investors, world sales agents and film festival programmers attending the Film Bazaar can watch submitted films via specially designed software. This allows them to contact the director or the producer directly through email.
– Feature length films in the rough cut stage are eligible to apply to both WIP Lab and Viewing Room.
– This year, NFDC Film Bazaar has introduced an Early Bird Deadline of 10th September 2015 for application to the WIP Lab and Viewing Room, which offers a discount on application fees.
– The regular deadline is 30th September 2015.
– Please visit www.filmbazaarindia.com for Application Forms and more details.
– For further queries, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– The most recent successes of the Film Bazaar WIP Labs are:
- Raam Reddy’s Thithi(Premiered at Locarno Film Festival 2015 and Winner of ‘Golden Leopard, Filmmakers of the Present Competition’ as well as ‘Best First Feature Film Award’)
- Avinash Arun’s Killa(Premiered at Berlin Film Festival 2014 where it won the ‘Crystal Bear Award’ and National Award winner)
- Kanu Behl’s Titli(Premiered in the ‘Un Certain Regard’ section at Cannes Film Festival 2014)
- Ashim Ahluwalia’s Miss Lovely(Premiered in the ‘Un Certain Regard’ section at Cannes Film Festival 2012 and National Award winner)
- Anand Gandhi’s Ship of Theseus(Premiered at the Toronto Film Festival 2012
- Gyan Correa’sThe Good Road (National Award winner and India’s selection for the Oscars)
- Ajay Bahl’s BA Pass(Premiered at and won Best Film at the 12th Osian’s Cinefan Film Festival
- Sange Dorjee Thangdok’s Crossing Bridges(National Award winner)