Yes, it’s true! Cent percent true! So all your lovers of Coke Studio, get ready for some more music. The news has been doing the rounds for quite sometime but now the shoot is going to start soon. And here are some of the details that we have managed so far…
– The show will be on MTv and will start by May-June. MTv? Do they still play music? Well, may be this will compensate for all the Roadies.
– The non-fiction division of Shah Rukh Khan’s Red Chillies Entertainment is producing the show in India.
– Like the Pakistan edition, this one will also have episodes of 1hour each and the idea is to get one new and young talent with an established name. They are still trying to sort this out.
– Talks are on to get Shafqat Amanat Ali to open the first season of Coke Studio India. He will be the only Pakistani singer in this season.
– And now the most important thing – the singers. Here’s the first list…..
- Shankar Mahadevan
- Kailash kher
- Raghu Dixit
- Sunidhi Chauhan
- Richa Sharma
- Bombay Jayashri
Talks are on to get few more. Can we please have Rabbi Shergill and Indian Ocean too?
And till then, dum ghutkoon….ghutkoon…