Locarno Film festival has announced the projects selected for the Open Doors Co-production Lab this year. From over 200 projects submitted, in 18 different languages, from 30 regions in India, these are the 12 finalists which will participate in Open Doors, the Festival del film Locarno’s co-production lab.
The selected projects are:
– Aharbal Falls by Ajay Raina
– Ajeeb Aashiq / Strange Love by Natasha Mendonca
– Arunoday / Sunrise by Partho Sen-Gupta
– Burqa Boxers by Alka Raghuram
– Char, The Island Within by Sourav Sarangi
– Jat Panchayat / The Judgement by Satish Manwar
– Lasya / The Gentle Dance by Anup Singh
– Samaadhi / The Penance by Sidharth Srinivasan
– Sebastian Wants to Remember by Vasant Nath
– The Trapper’s Snare by Shanker Raman
– Thread / Le Fil by Lilium Leonard
– Vidhvastha / Devastated by Ashish Avikunthak
Supported, since its inception in 2003, by the Swiss Foreign Ministry’s Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), Open Doors aims to assist the directors and producers of the selected projects to find co-production partners, to complete their film. It is organised in close collaboration with the Festival’s Industry Office and enjoys support from the following partners: ACE (Ateliers du Cinéma Européen), EAVE (European Audiovisual Entrepreneurs), EPC (European Producers Club) and Producers Network Marché du Film (Festival de Cannes).
At the end of the three-day workshop a prize of 50,000 CHF (approx 39,000 euros) is funded by Open Doors. A second prize of 7,000 euros is financed by the CNC (Centre national du cinéma et de l’image animée) and ARTE will award the International Relations ARTE Prize of 6,000 euros.
The Open Doors co-production lab will take place August 6-9, 2011 as part of the 64th edition of the Festival del film Locarno.
To know more about the projects and the directors, do click here.