Mumbai Film Festival (October 13-20th, 2011), organized by MAMI is a Reliance Big Entertainment Ltd. (RBEL) initiative and it showcases the best of contemporary world cinema, Indian cinema and feature length documentaries. The Festival is a highly regarded and anticipated event in Mumbai’s cultural calendar and last year it managed to screen some of the best films from across the world. Click here and here to read our posts on last year’s fest.
The festival is inviting submissions for this year’s fest. The festival accepts feature-length films for its various competitive and non- competitive sections.
DATE: Entry forms and screeners for selection must reach the festival office before August 1st, 2011.
FEES : There is NO entry fee.
Cash Awards & Incentives – Mumbai Film Festival offers one of the highest cash awards – US $ 200,000
– International Competition for the first feature films of directors -US $100,000 for the Best First Film to be shared equally between the film’s producer and director.
– US $ 50,000 for the Grand Jury Prize to be shared equally between the film’s producer and director.
– The Audience Choice Award : US $ 20,000 to be shared equally between the film’s producer and the director.
– Cash incentives for Sales Agents : US $ 10,000 if the award winning films are international or world premiers.
SECTIONS : 1. International Competition for the First Feature Films of Directors More
2. Above the Cut (First Feature Films which could not be included in the competition Section) More
3. World Cinema (Award Winning, Critically acclaimed feature films produced during the one year period after the last edition of the Festival) More
4. Dimensions Mumbai (A short film competition for the youth of Mumbai). More
5. Harmony Celebrate Age (International Competition for films dealing with the concerns, spice, fun and adventure of growing older) More
6. Real Reel (A selection of feature length documentaries)
7. Indian Frame (A selection of high quality Indian Films) More
8. New Faces in Indian Cinema (first or second films of directors) More
9. Retrospectives / Tributes / Master Classes More
ADDRESS: 13th Mumbai Film Festival, Mumbai Academy of Moving Image(MAMI), 49/50, Maruti Chambers, 3rd Floor, Fun Republic Lane. Off Veera Desai Extn. Road, Andheri (W), Mumbai – 400 053, INDIA.
CONTACT : +91-22-4016 8223 (Board) / 4016 8221, F : +91-22-4016 8222
EMAIL: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the festival, rules and regulations, click here.