DATE : The first edition of the fest will happen between 15th June – 17th June, 2012.
LIFF is chaired by Shyam Benegal and Melwyn William Chirayath is the festival director of LIFF. And here are some more details about this new fest –
FILMS : LIFF is divided into following segments of film sections to be screened:
- Indian Section – Best of Indian Cinema Open to Indian films only
- International Section (Best of World Cinema) Open to non-Indian films only
- Competition Section – Short films, Animation films, Documentaries & Feature Films for a period of 2 calendar years
- Ladakh Section – Open only to citizens of Ladakh and films made on Ladakh(All formats from mobile phone to 35mm are accepted)
– Film Bazaar, Exhibition, Workshop and Green Carpet are other highlights of the festival
ENTRIES – Submissions of entries for the LIFF are now open from January 01, 2012 and the last date of submission is April 01, 2012.
ENTRY FEES – Ladakh International Film Festival will not be charging any entry fee.
WEBSITE : For further information please visit the website www.liff.in
or Email – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
– Eminent personalities who are now on board as patrons of the festival include Christian Jeune – Deputy Director General, Festival De Cannes, Derek Malcom – President of British Federation of Film Societies & The International Film Critics Circle and distinguished Film Critic & Historian, Jacob Neiiendam – Director, Copenhagen film festival, Govind Nihalani – hEminent Film maker, Shekhar Kapoor ( Eminent Film maker), Mike H Pandey – Chairman (Steering Committee, IFFI) & Film maker, Vishal Bhardwaj – Eminent Film Director/Producer/Music Director, Ketan Mehta – Eminent Film maker, Shaji N Karun (Eminent Film maker), Madhur Bhandarkar – Eminent Film maker, Deepti Naval (Eminent actor/film maker/author) and Nitin Desai ( Eminent Art Director)
– The mascot of Ladakh International Film Festival is ‘Schan’- The Snow Leopard. Through its association with the Snow Leopard Conservancy India Trust, the Festival’s aim will be to raise awareness amongst people from all over the world on protecting the rare and endangered Snow Leopard.
– There will be an auditorium screening with 35mm dual projection and 5.1 sound facilities. Besides this, there will be two open air screenings.
– Films will be screened in three venues simultaneously and venues will have transportation facilities like buses and bicycles.
– Film Shoppé, planting fish and fish eggs in the river bodies of Ladakh, exhibitions, workshops and Green Carpet Premieré are other highlights of the festival.
– There is an adjacent ground which could be utilized by local Ladakhi businessmen to promote the local business.
– Snow Leopard trophies, citations, certificates etc. would be given. There would also be a special Snow Leopard award to the best film made on any endangered species in the world. Cash prizes would also be given in the feature film competitive category.
– Film Shoppe would be attended by invited representatives of International Studios/Film Producers/Film Buyers, satellite channel etc. One could bring in their film and explore business opportunities with them. The focus is on the improvement of marketing opportunities of completed film projects.
– The fest is organised by Monassé, an event management company established in 1994 and is involved with the pre-production, production, post-production, permissions and liasioning of many cinematic ventures and provides services for documentary production to TV commercial productions. It facilitates in Hollywood/ Bollywood or any other Indian language (regional) films, talent casting, location scouting. Monassé operates from New Delhi and Mumbai. It has representations at all major metro cities of India and affiliations in Canada, Europe including UK, New Zealand, Australia and South Asia.