WHAT: Following the template of the world renowned Sundance Institute Screenwriters Lab, that is held at Park City, USA, the Indian Screenwriters Lab is a five-day writer’s workshop that gives independent screenwriters the opportunity to work intensively on their feature film screenplays with the support of established screenwriters. Mumbai Mantra has collaborated with the Sundance Institute and established India’s annual Mumbai Mantra | Sundance Institute Screenwriters Lab.
Project Selection :
—> 6-8 projects shall be selected for the Screenwriters Lab. All Indian nationals as well as Indians living overseas, people of Indian origin and mixed Indian parentage are eligible to apply.
– Only those who are working on their first or second feature film project shall be eligible. However, they may have worked on documentaries, shorts, advertising films in the past
– The screenplay can be for a film in any Indian language including English. However, the application must be in English, as it is the medium of communication at the Lab.
– Incase there are two writers working on a a screenplay, or a writer-diretor working together on a project, both would be invited to the Lab if selected.
HOW : All you need is 1. A synopsis 2. First five pages of your screenplay 3. An artistic statement 4. A cover letter for the first round.
ADDRESS : You have to send your submission via post. Materials will NOT be accepted electronically.
Mumbai Mantra | Sundance Institute
Screenwriters Lab Application March 2014
Mumbai Mantra Media Ltd.,
Mahindra Towers, 5th Floor, Worli, Mumbai-400018.
DATE : Last Date for Open Submission: June 1, 2013
– Date for submission of Complete Draft of Screenplay (next round) shall be informed later to selected candidates.
CONTACT : If you have any more queries related to Mumbai Mantra| Sundance Institute Screenwriters Lab 2014, you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
– For more info on the lab, selection process and all other details, click here.
– If you are wondering what exactly happens at the lab and if at all it’s helpful or not, click here to read Renuka Shahane’s blog where she has written 5 posts on her experiences. Her script was in the lab this year.
– You can also click here to read Vikas Chandra insightful post. His script was in last year’s lab.