WHAT – ROME FILM FESTIVAL
(FESTIVAL INTERNAZIONALE DEL FILM DI ROMA)
Calls for Entries in all categories for 2013.
Fest Dates – The 8th Rome Film Festival will run November 8 – 17, 2013.
Basic Criteria – Only films that will be world premieres at the festival will be considered for selection.
SECTIONS – The Official Selection will present two competitive sections for International films
1) International Competition (16 films, presented as world premieres)
2) CinemaXXI (21st-century Cinema, a selection of films devoted to new trends in world cinema, which will welcome feature-length and short films presented as world premieres)
– And a choice of Out of Competition screenings (a maximum of 12 titles, presented as world, international and European premieres)
– Last year, ‘Tasher Desh’ by Q and ‘The Museum of Imagination’ by Amit Dutta were the films from India which had their world premieres in the CinemaXXI Competition Section.
AWARDS – The festival will give out more than 12 awards for World Cinema.
– Last year, more than 2500 members of the major press and media and more than 800 professionals from all over the world attended the event, which will take place in the screening venues of the renowned Auditorium Parco della Musica, the multi-functional public complex designed by Italian architect Renzo Piano. CinemaXXI program will be hosted in the nearby MAXXI, the National Museum dedicated to contemporary creativity, designed as a multidisciplinary space by Iraqi-British architect Zaha Hadid.
– Films will also be offered the possibility to participate in The Business Street (November 13-17), Rome Film Festival program dedicated to the circulation, acquisition and sale of audiovisual products, which will be hosted in the area of Via Veneto, the famous street of Rome that was portrayed in Fellini’s classic “La Dolce Vita” and it is known all over the world for its cafés, restaurants and shops. The Business Street offer includes screenings reserved for industry professionals, buyers and sellers.
Eligibility Criteria: All submitted films must be recent productions completed not prior to Friday, November 29th, 2012. They must not have been presented in any other format or length, not even as works-in-progress, for submission to previous editions of the Festival. Under no circumstances may films that have had prior public screenings, have participated in other international festivals or are available on the Internet, be presented at Rome Film Festival.
– The preview DVDs should be sent to Deepti DCunha, the India Consultant to Artistic Director, Marco Mueller.
– The DVDs should reach her before 1st September 2013. Filmmakers with films in post-production are requested to contact Deepti at the address below.
– All submissions (duly subtitled in English) should be sent to the contact details given below before the 1st of September.
Deepti DCunha, 23 Gautam Niwas, 7 Bungalows, Andheri West, Mumbai 400 053, India
– For complete rules and regulations please visit the Festival website at www.romacinemafest.org
– The festival’s Director Marco Mueller will be visiting India at the end of August for the final selection of films.