- Dash of Takashi Kitano humor and tribute to oranges-Andaz Apna Apna.
- Goon with the funny smile plastered on his face 24X7
- The 70 yr old grandfather who wields the stick with Kamal-Hassan-Thevar-Magan-ish dexterity.
- The superb tongue-in-cheek Guthka khaane se swasth ko haani pahunchti hai PSA cleverly forced in
- Candid out takes end credit sequence
- Fried Silkworms, Snail curry, rice pancakes ahhh the food
- The overweight Karate goon who sings Raagas
- Spirit of the cast and crew and a budget of less than a lakh
- Ekta Kapoor spoof
- Absolutely naturalistic performances
- The Number One U 18 goon – Bonzo !
- The energetic action sequences
- The girl with Assamese-Malayali roots
- The gallis and koochas of Assam
- The uncle who asks “You need to take a crap or something?”
- The music (Wish the songs were subtitled too) Sample this
- The Requiem-waala montage thrown in once or twice
- DLFG – Delhi Liberation Front For Gurgaon
- The stories told in each and every fight – kaun kispar kaise bhaari padta hai
- The irreverence and non seriousness of it all – with the tone set from the the opening statement itself !
- The goons shaving & whiling away time when bikes enter in super slow motion!
- Even a small time thief fights back in Kung Fu-style
- The villain whose caller tune is the sound effect of kicks & punches
- No pretentiousness of an art film, No (ok, may be a little) filmy-pana of a commercial film
- The vision guts and passion of Kenny Basumatary who has acted, written, directed and edited the film
Do catch the film playing at the limited screens.
– To know more about the film, click here to read an old post by the film’s lead actor, writer an director Kenny Basumatary.
– For more info on the film, visit its Facebook page here.
– To watch its trailer, click here.