NFDC Labs has announced mentors for their Romance Screenwriters Lab.
Habib Faisal (writer/ director) and Bhavani Iyer (writer) are going to mentor the participants of the recently announced Romance Screenwriters’ Lab, and Ashok Banker and Shoma Narayanan will mentor the parallely scheduled Harlequin lab for screen to novel adaptations.
NFDC, in association with Harlequin, is organising the first-ever Romance Screenwriters’ Lab, which will focus on developing scripts based on romance and women-centric plots.
– The Lab will be held in three stages and the participants will be mentored by three eminent people from the Indian film industry.
– The last stage of the Lab will culminate at Film Bazaar, Goa, where the participants will be given the opportunity to pitch the projects to prospective producers.
– Harlequin will also offer book deals to some of the selected projects, and organize independent workshops with mentors from the publishing industry.
– The Lab is open only to adult Indian passport holders
– The selection process is in two parts. This is the first part of the selection procedure where participants will be shortlisted based on the selected synopsis
– Participants shortlisted for the second stage will be given a scheduled duration to submit completed scripts. Submissions should be made via email only as a single pdf/doc file. Do not send material as separate attachments. No hard copy of submissions are to be sent.
– All Applications must be received on or before 31st May 2014 by 6 pm.
– Application fee for the lab is INR 5,000/- only. It is payable by Demand draft made in favour of National Film Development Corporation Ltd., payable at Mumbai, or by Wire Transfer.
– To know more about the rules, regulations, FAQs and application form, click here.