WHAT : NFDC’s Film Bazaar Co-Production Market 2015 has officially announced call for submissions from filmmakers with compelling South Asian stories seeking co-production, financial and artistic support from attending co-producers, sales agents, distributors and financiers from the world over.
DATES : Entries will be accepted from 19 June, 2015, and submissions close on 31 July, 2015.
HOW : 20 remarkable South Asian stories will be selected this year. Projects get to pitch their film to the Indian and international film community that attends Film Bazaar with a focus on fiction features.
– The pre-requisite of submission states that a film project must be an original story with a South Asian connect and must have a producer attached with 25% of the finance in place.
– In addition to the above the project must have scope for international co-production, distribution and sales.
In 2014 the Co-Production Market hosted 32 projects from 12 different countries. Click here to view the 2014 Co-Production Market Selected Projects.
-The ninth edition of Film Bazaar organised by National Film Development Corporation will continue to provide intensive individual support to selected projects in a creative and informal setting at Goa Marriot Resort in Goa (India) from 20-24 November, 2015.
– Film Bazaar is organised to discover, support and showcase South Asian talent and content. The aim is to boost collaboration in the realms of filmmaking, production and distribution between the South Asian and film fraternities of the world.
– Qualified filmmakers can submit their entries by filling out an online application by registering with the market at http://www.filmbazaarindia.com/programs/co-production-market/
– Further queries can be addressed to – email@example.com
– Starting this year, the program has gained added leverage with the inclusion of an open forum on pitching. This activity has been introduced based on industry feedback with the intention that filmmakers should not be required to make multiple pitches during meetings.
– The forum will be organised a day prior to the start of the Co-production Market and will allow selected participants to pitch their projects to noted industry professionals attending the market. This enables participants to effectively use their time during the one-on-one meetings for more in-depth discussions focused on project specific needs and negotiations.