Dharamshala International Film Festival (DIFF) 2016 invites submissions for the 3rd DIFF Film Fellows Programme – a Himalayan Filmmakers’ Lab that aims to develop filmmaking talent across India’s Himalayan regions.
– The residential programme features mentorship sessions, screenings of the best of contemporary independent cinema, masterclasses by visiting filmmakers and industry professionals, and panel discussions on contemporary filmmaking.
– This year, the mentorship sessions will focus on ‘The journey from idea to script in documentary filmmaking’, ‘Alternative forms of expression in documentaries’, ‘Producing a fiction short’, ‘Choices in constructing a narrative’, ‘Producing a short in anticipation of making a feature’.
The DIFF Film Fellows Programme is open to aspiring directors from any of the following regions: Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarkhand, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura and the hill regions of West Bengal and Assam.
– DIFF is searching for film directors who are interested in polishing their skills and increasing the impact and reach of their work.
– Applicants must have made a least one film — a short or feature — and be aged between 18 and 30.
(Please refer to the DIFF Film Fellows Rules and Regulations for more detailed information)
How to Apply
– Applicants should submit the duly completed Application Form (no application fee) with a film they have directed. A jury of three film professionals will review the applicants’ films, essays and notes on future projects, and select five DIFF fellows.
– Selected candidates must be able to attend all workshop sessions and participate in festival screenings and events.
– The application aorm is available on the website.
– Applications must be submitted by 16 August 2016. They may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please mention <DIFF Film Fellows 2016 – Application>, in the subject line).
– Successful candidates will be notified by 19 September 2016.
Where and When Mentorship sessions: 1–3 November 2016. Festival screenings and events: 3–6 November 2016. Venue House of Peace and Dialogue, Upper TCV, Dharamshala.
Fellowship Inclusions – The programme will cover train fares (two-tier AC) and food and lodging for the duration of the workshops and festival (1–6 November 2016).
– To know more about the DIFF Film Fellowship Program, please click here.