NFDC Film Bazaar 2016 is calling for entries for the Viewing Room and the Work-in-Progress (WIP) Lab.
– Film Bazaar will be held from November 20-24, 2016 at the Goa Marriott Resort alongside the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2016.
– The Early Bird Deadline for submissions is August 31, 2016, which will offer a discount on the submission fees. The regular deadline is September 30th 2016.
– Submissions are invited for the two WIP Labs – WIP Fiction and WIP Documentary.
– In each WIP Lab, up to five projects in their rough-cut stage will be selected to be presented to a panel of international film experts for their feedback.
– The WIP Documentary Lab will only consider creative feature length documentaries in the rough cut stage which are aimed at a theatrical release.
– Feature-length films of any genre in the rough-cut stage are invited to apply to the WIP lab.
The Viewing Room will present films seeking finishing funds, world sales, distribution partners and film festivals to investors, world sales agents and film festival programmers attending the film bazaar. Here, films are viewed on individual computer terminals in private booths via a specially designed software which allows the users to contact the director or producer of the film via email.
– Films of all genres and lengths in rough or final cut are invited to apply to the Viewing Room.
– Feature length films in the rough cut are eligible to apply to both WIP lab and Viewing Room.
– Short films can also be submitted to the Viewing Room.
– For application form and other details, click here.
– The films that were a part of the previous Work-in-Progress Labs at Film Bazaar have had their world premieres at leading international film festivals and some have even gone on to enjoy a successful theatrical run. These include Raam Reddy’s Thithi, Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari’s Nil Battey Sannata, Kanu Behl’s Titli, Avinash Arun’s Killa, Ashim Ahluwalia’s Miss Lovely, Anand Gandhi’s Ship of Theseus, Ajay Bahl’s BA Pass.