ROME FILM FESTIVAL
(FESTIVAL INTERNAZIONALE DEL FILM DI ROMA)
Calls for Entries in all categories for 2012.
– Rome Film Festival now has a new artistic director, Marco Mueller (who used to head the Venice fest) and they are introducing some new categories and going for a makeover. Scroll down for all the details.
– DATES : The New redesigned 7th Rome Film Festival will take place from November 9 – 17, 2012 and will be a ‘World Premiere’ festival with a selection of around 60 world premieres. There will also be a focus on new trends in contemporary cinema in a New Competition section called Cinema XXI (21st-century cinema)
– NEW SECTION : Cinema XXI (21st-century Cinema) focuses on works that “reflect the continuous reinvention of cinema on the contemporary visual scene,” and will host a competition showing feature films, medium-length features, and short films, for a maximum of fifteen films.
– The Official Selection is composed of an International Competition, a choice of films Out of Competition, and two additional competitive showcases: CinemaXXI (21st-century Cinema) and Perspectives Italy.
– The Rome Film festival will give out more than 12 awards for World Cinema.
– The 7th Rome Film Festival is now open for Entries.
– Eligibility Criteria: All film submissions must be recent productions completed not prior to November 30th, 2011, and they must not have been presented in any other format or length, not even as works-in-progress, for submission to previous editions of the Festival. Under no circumstances may films that have had prior public screenings be presented at the Rome Film Festival. Exceptions may be made only for films presented exclusively in their own country of origin. Works previously presented in competition or out of competition at other international festivals or shown on the Internet will not be considered for selection.
– To submit a film to the selection, one has to fill out a pre-selection entry form on the official festival website.
– The preview DVDs should be sent to Deepti DCunha, who continues as the India Consultant to Artistic Director, Marco Mueller for the 7th Rome Film Festival.
– The DVDs should reach her before 1st September, 2012. Filmmakers with films in post-production are requested to contact Deepti at the address below.
– The festival’s Director Marco Mueller will be visiting India in September for the final selection of films.
– All submissions (duly subtitled in English) should be sent to the contact details given below before the 1st of September.
– Name & Address: Deepti DCunha. 23 Gautam Niwas, 7 Bungalows. Andheri West, Mumbai 400 053. India
– Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
– WEBSITE : For complete rules and regulations, you can visit the Festival website at www.romacinemafest.it