Film Bazaar, the promotional arm of NFDC (National Film Development Corporation) has announced call for entries for its the Work-in-Progress (WIP) Lab and Viewing Room programs of the year.
– The submission deadline for entries is September 30th 2013.
– Film Bazaar will be held from November 20-24, 2013 at the Goa Marriott Resort, alongside the International Film Festival of India 2013.
– In the WIP Lab, five projects in their rough cut stage are selected to be presented to a panel of international film experts for their feedback. Feature length films and documentaries at the rough cut stage are invited to apply.
– The Viewing Room aims at presenting films seeking finishing funds, world sales, distribution partners & film festivals to investors, world sales agents and film festival programmers. Films of all genres and lengths in rough or final cut are invited to apply.
– Here films are viewed on individual computer terminals in private booths.
– These terminals provide details of the film as well as contact the director or producer.
– The films that were a part of the previous Work-in-Progress Labs have had their world premier at leading international films festivals and some even successful theatrical releases.
– Some of the films which were part of earlier editions of WIP and VR include Ashim Ahluwalia’s Miss Lovely (World Premiere, Cannes Film Festival in official competition section-Un Certain Regard), Manjeet Singh’s Mumbai Cha Raja and Anand Gandhi’s Ship of Theseus (World Premiere, Toronto Film Festival 2012), and Ajay Bahl’s BA Pass (World Premiere, 12th Osian’s Cinefan Film Festival), Gyan Correa’s The Good Road (National award for Best Gujarati Film)