ROME FILM FESTIVAL
(FESTIVAL INTERNAZIONALE DEL FILM DI ROMA)
Calls for Entries in all categories for 2014.
DATE : The 9th Rome Film Festival will be held from October 16-25, 2014.
Artistic Director, Marco Müller has announced the following sections for the 9th edition of the festival:
1) New International Cinema | Cinema for Today
A selection of a maximum of 14 feature films of young or already successful directors. The Festival will give priority to feature films that are world premieres.
A selection of some of the year’s most important films, for a maximum of 11 titles. Only feature films that are world premieres, international or European premieres will be considered for selection.
3) Mondo Genere
A selection of 7 films belonging to different film genres. Only feature films that are world, international or European premieres will be considered for selection. The Festival will give priority to feature films that are world premieres.
4) Prospettive Italia
This section aims to highlight the new trends in the Italian cinema. It will present a selection of maximum 8 feature films. Only films presented as world premieres will be considered for selection.
– Each of the sections carries a People’s Choice Award based on the majority of the audience’s preferences, along with 4 Lifetime Achievement Awards assigned by the President and the Board of Directors.
– In addition to this, TAODUE International Jury will assign the TAODUE Award for first or second film, whereas DOC.IT Association will give out the Prospettive Italia Award for the Best Italian Documentary.
– Films will also be offered the possibility to participate in The Business Street (October, 17-21), Rome Film Festival program dedicated to the circulation, acquisition and sale of audiovisual products
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
– Rome Film Festival will only consider feature length films as submissions.
– All submitted films must be recent productions completed not prior to Monday 1st December 2013.
– They must not have been presented in any other format or length, not even as works-in-progress, for submission to previous editions of the Festival.
– With the exception of Out of Competition films, under no circumstances may films that have had prior public screenings, have participated in other international festivals or are available on the Internet, be presented at Rome Film Festival
To submit a film to the selection, one has to fill out a pre-selection entry form on the official festival website after which the preview DVDs should be sent to Deepti DCunha, the India Consultant to Artistic Director, Marco Müller.
– The DVDs should reach her before 10th August 2014 as the Artistic Director will be visiting India for selections.
– Filmmakers with films in post-production are requested to contact Deepti.
All submissions (duly subtitled in English) should be sent to the contact details given below.
Deepti DCunha, 23 – Gautam Niwas, 7-Bungalows, Andheri West, Mumbai 400 053, India
Contact Number: (+91)9820522468 (SMS only), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RULES & REGULATIONS
– For complete rules and regulations please visit the Festival website at www.romacinemafest.org
– In 2013, ‘Rangabhoomi’ by Kamal Swaroop had its World Premiere at the 8th Rome Film Festival and Amit Dutta’s ‘The Seventh Walk’ was the closing film of the CinemaXXI Section. There was a Special screening of ‘Om Dar B Dar’ by Kamal Swaroop on the occasion of 100 years of Indian Cinema. Prantik Basu’s ‘Makara’ was in CinemaXXI competition.