Do you believe that you have a wonderful story or screenplay? Either for a film or a TV serial or an Animation film, documentary or a children’s film? Or even a gaming idea? And are you keen to pitch it to leading production houses?
The Film Writers’ Association (FWA) and FICCI FRAMES bring you an opportunity to do so in a programme called ‘Frame Your Idea’.
– Venue: FICCI FRAMES, Renaissance Hotel, Powai, Mumbai.
– Dates: March 25-27
MARCH 25: PITCHING FOR FILMS
MARCH 26: ANIMATION, GAMING, KIDS PROGRAMMING
MARCH 27: PITCHING FOR TV PROGRAMMES
Production houses who will listen to your pitch are:
Disney India Studios
Life OK TV
– Our advice is that you should have at least a written story before you decide to pitch it at these producers. (If you already have a script, all the better. But, at least a story.)
– You will get 10 minutes to pitch your story to each producer, before you move on to the next producer.
– Do remember that you will have to pay a registration fee. FICCI has to meet its cost, and it is their rule. So, make sure that you extract maximum value by throwing your best work at them.
Here’s what you have to do:
1. First go online and register for Ficci Frames. (Registration charges for ‘Frame Ur Idea’ are actually Rs. 5000/- per day. However, for FWA members there is a 50% discount. So, for FWA members, the fees are Rs. 2500, plus service tax.)
2. Fill the ‘Frame Ur Idea’ form online, and receive a confirmation email.
3. Turn up at Ficci Frames on the day of your pitch and go for it!
– Online registrations close at 7 PM on March 23.
– If you’re unable to register online, then just land up at the venue on the relevant day at 8.30 AM, and register on the spot. Bring your membership card along.
– For those who are unsure about how to pitch, FWA has organised a Pitching Workshop where senior writers will guide you with the help of examples. At FWA office, on March 23, 5-7 PM.
– For any further queries, write to the Film Writers Association email@example.com and they shall forward your mail to the relevant person.
– For more info, click here