First Look : Zoya Akhtar’s Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (Trailer + Synopsis)

Posted: May 15, 2011 by moifightclub in bollywood, cast & crew, film, first look, News, Poster, Story / Plot / Synopsis, Trailer, video
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Zoya Akhtar made an assured debut with Luck By Chance. And her next film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara is ready for release. The film stars Hrithik Roshan, Abhay Deol, Farhan Akhtar, Katrina Kaif and Kalki Koechlin. It’s written by Zoya and Reema Kagti, dialogues by Farhan Akhtar and has music by Shankar Ehsaan Loy.

And here is the trailer….

Aha, Senorita seems fun. And here’s the official synopsis…

Kabir ( Abhay Deol) has just met Natasha. 6 months later they are engaged.

He wants to go on an extended bachelor party. A 3 week road trip with Imraan (Farhan Akhtar) and Arjun (Hrithik Roshan) – his 2 friends since school. The only problem is Arjun is too tied up with work. After much emotional blackmail and cajoling the boys set off on a journey they were meant to take 4 years ago.

A fantasy holiday they had planned to take after college but never happened. A road trip where each one gets to do the ultimate sport of his choice and other two just have to do it with him. Whether they want to or not.

Kabir, Imraan and Arjun meet up in Barcelona and set off on an adventure that will not only make them iron out their differences but also face their fears, alter their perception, unravel their fabric, force them to break out of the box and teach them to seize the day.

In other words, a holiday that will change their life forever.

Rock On was Dil Chahta Hai with mid-life crisis, and this one also seems to be DCH Redux. What do you think?

1. jitaditya says:

Not bad but nothing particularly interesting….

Seems like a promotional film for Spain’s tourism department if there is one…
    Just like 90’s YRF was for the Swiss Alps & Blue was for the Bahamas…

2. pokerface says:

Sounds like ‘The Bucket List’ of young people, by young people and for young people.zindagi badalni hogi toh khood badal jaayegi I couldn’t understand this concept of planning trips and forcing adventure sports upon yourself to change your life.Everybody cannot afford to have a trip to Spain.If you want to bring change in life then I guess there are enough stuff available around you to bring the change.

Btw is that Abhay Deol singing?

3. Abhishekh Singhal says:

bhai i liked the trailer and hopes are really high … movies are not about stories, plots ,characters or scenery , they are about feelings and emotions . If they can transfer those emotions into u into those 3 hours then mission is accomplished . I dont understand why people crib about novelty in movies…. Enjoy !!!

4. aashish says:

i think its somwhere arround the inbetwen part of the story which when the directer actor’ farhan akhtar ‘ would have thought and wanted to include in his movie dil chahta hai and some from rockon but coudnt ,so as to carry those movie on their own way as it happend,and were hit . so guys lets take this movie zindagi…. a sequel to rokon and remake of dil chahta hai . good luck zoya..(‘farhan’)…akhtar.

5. jitaditya says:

if movies are not about stories, plots and characters than what is left with the craft of filmmaking?…
    not that emotional connect is not required but that is only a part of it…

more importantly, people seek novelty because overdose of anything gets boring. Bollywood has been feasting on and spoonfeeding “emotions” for ages…

6. varun says:

This would have been interesting with ACTUAL actors. The existing team of pretentious good-lookers will drown away any subtleties the script attempts, if it does.

And Hrithik needs to get over that typical swagger. He always looks like about to break into “Dhoom Machaaley…”

7. vikram says:

@ Varun

Is it sin to be good looking?

Nice trailer n i loved Luck by Chnace..hope it will be better than LCB

8. Fatema says:

Apart from Hrithik who else is goodlooking in the lead😛

9. dr.lalit says:

like the promo hritik is awsome

10. Aseem Behl says:

I absolutely loved Luck by chance, but this looks really weak. Like Varun rightly pointed here it is horribly cast, except may be Farhan Akhtar, who has potential to shine in roles like this.

11. Shaitan says:

I’m looking forward to this. Zoya has impressed me massively with LBC, so I’m expecting a good film.

Actual actors like who? I’m all ears. You can’t ask Nana Patekar, Naseruddin Shah and Irfan Khan to play those roles can you?

12. vikram says:

For pseudo intellectuals casting a big star will always be a miscast..They will laugh at Hrithik for dng a Krish or D2 n when he wanna try smethng new like ZNMD..they will find it miscast :-p

Wat is Hrithik supposed to do actually according to u pesudo-intellectuals?

13. vikram says:

Varun wants Deepak Dobriyal, Irfan Khan n Kay Kay in this 30 crore

n btw i think all three of them Hrithik,Farhan n Abhay r decent actors

14. Jehan says:

Hahahah Vikram, totally agree with you.

15. tejas says:

A few bhed-bakri died in the Deol household after watching Abhay Deol attempt that dance step. But Dharam paaji, Sunny paaji and Bobby are happy to see the younger one finally doing one thing all the Deols are supposed to do – dance horribly.

16. vikram says:

I dunno wat u guys expect from Hrithik to do in this kinds movie? Promo says he stays in he cant be a skinny malnutritioned figure for sure🙂..I find the promo pretty cool..N moreover if the same to same trailer would have been made by Anurag Kahyap or Vishal or by thr assistants with some struglling actors..with some slangs on it..PPL here would have got cinematic orgasm🙂

• Gox says:

Honestly i find Anurag Kashyap and Vishaal Bhardwaaj quite pretentious. Why would i see an indian version of a western film ( I don’t mean copy, but the portrayal of the culture), i would rather see a Hollywood film or a European film. World cinema is a little boring though.
      Between Zoya belongs to this group of film-makers.
      Regarding the physique, you are just twisting the argument. Apart from show business, how many people do you find body-toned like this?

17. jitaditya says:

there are no skinny guys in London???

18. vikram says:

Y to show Hrithik as skinny? He just need to be look like himself to be in this character..n my reply was to that comment whch said Hrithik sud chage his looks according to the charecter🙂

19. pokerface says:

As far as I can understand from script and trailer, hrithik is playing the character of a person who is too much involved in his professional life and has got no time to pursue any of his other passion then how he has got all the time to work out and build a body like that; as if he is just coming out of some international man hunt competition.What I have seen in real life is all the people who stay too much involved in professional life get little bit of flabby if not all of them are obese.I could have still agreed abhay deol playing the character played by hrithik (in terms of physical appearance).

In guzaarish also he looked like some Italian on wheel-chair.There was absolutely nothing ugly about him and nobody could understand why he wants to die?

The fact is all leading “stars” of Indian film fraternity want to live and die as poster-boy.Tell me how many stars will do what tom hanks did for cast away.Here physical transformation means moving to six pack body from a non-six pack body (like what aamir did for Ghajini).Or remove flab from face and muscle from body to look like 20 year teenager(like aamir did for 3-idiots) but can any of them dare to look ugly like what Heath Ledger did as joker.

No doubt zoya showed lot of guts through luck by chance.But LBC was not that big box office success and her desperation to get box office success can be clearly seen in ZNMD.At least It’s written everywhere on the trailer.

But I do understand that becos in this industry if you want to survive you have to give importance to financial aspects.Nobody is making movie here for charity.and yes no body will invest 30 corers on actors like deepak or irrfan but I can’t laugh on that becos it’s worrysome that as Indian film lovers we haven’t done enough to give that kind of power to these great talented actors.

20. vikram says:

Ok..Now i got it..Hrithik’s biggest mistake is tat he looks like a Greek God…n who said Ppl who take thr job seriously cant be gd looking..koi rule hain kya? BTW in the trailer its shown that he is working out on a treadmill..tat means he is into gymming and all🙂..n who gave u guys this enlightment that working ppl cant be good looking :-p

• pokerface says:

Yeh thats what the point is.If you have developed a character whom you want to show as “too involved in his work” then why to dilute that by showing him running on a treadmill? he is running on a treadmill and answering his friend that “I cannot go with u becos I’m busy with my work”. I could understand if he would have said said so from his office or a meeting.At least thats what my sensibility expect from a script.Otherwise I’m used to watch movies where 50 bullets come out of a revolver which can only contain 6 bullets or a movie where “after some 36 hours on Rajasthan’s dusty roads, Lara Dutta doesn’t have one hair out of place or even a slight lipstick smudge ( ” and now I don’t even oppose that kind of stuff.

All the people I have met who r frm upper middle class/high society and whose first wife is their work are flabby.It’s only when they get overweight and their wives complain a decrease in their sexual performance they join the gym but even then they will go to gym once in every 5 days or once a week.

21. vikram says:

n i have seen many ppl who r not from show business n having very gd physique🙂

22. vikram says:

Hrithik is a good looking guy..He has got greek god looks!! Is that his mistake???..Wen it cms to Characterization he played his chrctr in Koi Mil Gaya to teh T..i dunno..wat u guys’ prblm..R u guys envy of Hrithik tat he looks too good for u guys to digest :-p

23. vikram says:

Ok..according to you..working ppl sud not do exercise or run on treadmil…n a serious guy cant be good looking or can have gd arguing with a guy with such “Sensibility” ..:-p

24. pokerface says:

Firstly I was not arguing.I was discussing.I don’t visit blog and forums to argue wid people.But now that I am told whatever going on was argument I think I wasted my time.But anyway SHIT HAPPENS.

2ndly I never told working people can never be good looking becos for me good looking is not about having a Herculas like physique.There may be guys who work 15 hrs a day and still maintains a six pack abs, 16 inch biceps wings like lats muscle.I haven’t seen so I can’t afford to believe.Thats my sensibility, sry can’t get rid of it.

25. vikram says:

Gd for u…:-p..Next time ask movie makers to sign a tondu n flabby actor for all working men’s acts :-p

26. vikram says:

n BTW they are making a 30 + crore commercial movie..not a docudrama on how office gng ppl looks🙂

27. Avirat says:

Sounds like bollywood ka “Hangover”…. lolz…😛

28. assman says: